Congregational Life Ministry
A variety of opportunities are offered which demonstrate love, encouragement, and support to each other. These opportunities establish as well as strengthen relationships and friendships within the family of God.
Support and encouragement ministries include:
- Mid- week emails/phone calls for prayer concerns
- Student Prayer Partners ministry matches volunteers with each of our high school and college students as they face the challenges of their academic world.
- Meals offered when needs arise
- Flowers, gift baskets, cards are given for sympathy, health issues, and life celebrations.
- Card ministry to our shut-ins
- College Students are supported and encouraged through the means of prayer partners and care packages
- Secret Sisters provides a fun means of support for the women in the church family who participate in this yearly ministry
- Military Personnel within the blythefield church family are supported through prayer and occasional cards and care packages
Fellowship opportunities offer a relaxed setting in which to build relationships:
- Walking Group allows participants to enjoy God's creation together from spring through fall.
- Hobby Nights are periodically offered to get together and work on craft projects together with friends.
- Fellowship gatherings are sprinkled throughout the year. Game nights are a favorite offering as well as the annual Elegant Appetizer Buffet offered following our Christmas Candlelight Service.